Welcome one and all

Welcome to my journey of self discovery, my new life in a small town 1000's of kilometers from my family and oldest friends. The joys of raising a toddler and all that it entails. The excitement of being a newly wed ...along with the trials and tribulations of being a military spouse!

Friday, July 23, 2010

This city girl is leaving the country ....heading back to the city!!!

After much humming and ha-ing, the whole family is on their way west...we are Alberta bound!  (for a week at least)  The most exciting part is that I have finally managed to get my husband to accompany my daughter and I for the visit.

I am very excited, not only to see my friends and family(with the exception of a few that will be traveling around the same time....gotta love block leave) but also I am going to see my hairdresser!  I am sure the ladies are with me when I say one of the biggest stresses of leaving a community and starting over is trusting and committing to a new hairdresser!  After suffering a very  very bad hair cut, my then roommate at the time hooked me up with her hairdresser and I have never looked back!  I am looking forward to a big change!  I am going from hair more than halfway down my back to an inverted bob! (I will post pics after its done)

Marvin (my husband) will be heading home after a week while Brooklyn and I will be staying on for at least another week (date to be determined as I go) I look forward to being able to visit one on one with some close friends and maybe even manage a girls night somewhere along the way.  I have lots of ideas of what I would like to do while visiting however past visits have told me not to get to overzealous with my plans in order to avoid let downs ...sometimes while on vacation, I tend to forget that the rest of the world is not on vacation as well and still have jobs families and responsibilities.

My parents are so excited that we are coming, my mother calls me every day to update me on how many sleeps till we come and her progress on preparing the house for our visit.  She is like a kid in the candy store for the first time.

Tomorrow brings on the arduous task of packing, cleaning and organizing.  I am one of those people that can not leave the house a mess ....nothing worse than coming home only to have to start cleaning on top of the piles of laundry that will inevitably follow you home.  My goal its to be able to pack everything I need into checked bagage with the exception of my purse and a diaper bag of course.  Through all my travels with a child and the safety travel standards I have learned that the less you need to carry the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment