Welcome one and all

Welcome to my journey of self discovery, my new life in a small town 1000's of kilometers from my family and oldest friends. The joys of raising a toddler and all that it entails. The excitement of being a newly wed ...along with the trials and tribulations of being a military spouse!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

So I am a bit superstitious about new years resolutions .....maybe I wouldn't say superstitious or more that I don't believe in them.
   On the 28th of December I was getting dressed and realized that my "fat pants" were no longer my "fat pants" but now pants that fit me!!!  I was devastated!!! what was I going  to do? right then and there I decided I needed to get back on my healthy living regime that I was following earlier in the year when I needed to fit into my wedding dress that the designer made 2 sizes too small!!!
  My only problem was, will everyone think that this is my new years resolution being so close to new years? I really don't want to be pigeon holed into that group the vows every year that this year will be the year they loose all their extra weight.  I will admit I do have a few events helping me reach my goal weight.... an upcoming trip to Disney world and a pending vacation to Jamaica to meet the extended family. (of  course I want to look my best for this)
  Now I realize that everyone has their magic" number" that they strive for however my goal is to just not have my thighs rub together anymore!!!! I have done a little bit of research to find out my optimum weight and BMI and as lovely as that would be to reach I do realize that it is a far stretch from my 207lbs to weigh 125 lbs in the next three months let alone with in the year however I will b pleased with a steady loss of 1.5 to 2lbs a week.
  In order to achieve this goal I have set in place a buddy system ....sort of some one to answer to with a similar goal in mind ....  I started out by taking all my measurements and weighing in - making a log for myself of all that I eat or drink (good or bad) and also a log to track my activity or inactivity whatever the case may be .
  My weekly weigh ins are on Tuesday evenings and I will be posting my progress week by week

STAY TUNED TO SEE HOW I DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment